Wednesday 9 February 2011

Balancing on a Wall of Indifference

It’s 26 days since my cycle began and I can honestly say that I haven’t allowed my mind to wonder either side my emotional wall of indifference, until today. I suspect this partly subconscious attempt is a futile effort not to inflate my hopes too much. Well, at least until I know for sure that, Little Red Riding Hood has gone on an extended holiday for 9 months.

Last week, the press delivered a stark reminder that conception is only a small fraction of this BIG challenge. Despite ALL the effort made to conceive and have a healthy pregnancy, it can still end in heartbreak. Amanda Holden’s (Brittan Got Talent judge) pregnancy tragically coming to an end at 7 months has brought this thought to the forefront of my mind.
Yet I am still willing to pursue the prize of motherhood.

So my quest for a Baby In Nine continues; I’ve been eating well, enjoying fresh fish, and vegetables. As well as keeping hydrated with regular doses of red bush tea (great antioxidant) and a selection of juices. Having said this, I’ve not been able to consume more than half a litre of water a day (plain water is such a bore), except to take my Conception Support supplements by Boots Chemist. Additionally, I haven’t touched a drop of alcohol or caffeine including chocolate, umm well…I confess I had one Twix…I just couldn’t help myself (I practically breathed it in I craved it sooo much). 

Oh yeah…I nearly forgot another triumph; I’ve been exercising more regularly too! Well that is if you constitute running from the foxes to the bus top each morning a meaningful regime.

Anyway, enough of that, this is potentially the good bit, on the 12th of Feb I’ll know if She’s gone on that holiday I mentioned earlier and if She has, I’ll take the dreaded pregnancy test on the 14th of Feb. Either way I’ll keep you posted.

Throw a little baby dust my way (I’ve got a fist full for you)!

No comments:

Post a Comment